Docusaurus is a project for building, deploying, and maintaining open source project websites.
Fun Fact: Docusaurus is a Singapore pride. It is currently maintained by Yangshun who is originally from Singapore, Endi who used to work in Singapore, and myself who is clearly in love with Singapore.
My brothers Yangshun and Endi are doing some brilliant work creating Docusaurus 2. The hot reload dev server builds and rebuilds in matters of seconds and milliseconds. The client site will be an SPA, code-split by route, and pages are load lightning fast without even a spinner. How is that even possible?
I find myself filling the missing puzzle piece for the project. I'd like to work on writing docs, improving typography for both Docusaurus itself and its generated sites, as well as addressing developer experience for the project.
I am very concerned with documentation itself. I learn by writing docs. I wrote a fair portion of the revamped docs of React Redux, and I actively help with docs of open source projects I use myself.
Week of July 29 ~ Aug 4 2019
- Mainly working on plugins and lifecycle API docs
- Also tried working on swapping argument order for
@docusaurus/initCLI command, but it did not get merged. I'll likely pick it back up in the near future for a more proper revamp of the command.
Week of July 22 ~ 28 2019
- Created a no-style theme and template for Docusaurus 2
- Released v1.12.0
A few docs PRs:
Week of July 15 ~ 21 2019
Week of July 1 ~ 7 2019
- Started ☂️ Umbrella issue for v2 docs
- Breed Dinosaur or Ant – A post on things learned attempting to build a Docusaurus site inside Ant Design's repo using parasite host's docs.